Wednesday 21 January 2015

Eric Clapton : tears in heaven, the story of Conor Clapton



The song "Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings and sung by Eric Clapton makes us all who heard the song crying. the lyrics  "If I saw you in heaven" and "Here in heaven" very touching the heart. However, behind the song made by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings has a meaning / significance, that this song is dedicated to his children, Conor Clapton.

On March 20, 1991 at exactly 11 noon, boy 4 years old named Conor Clapton died because fall from a window 53 floors in New York City apartment.

Conor is being cared by her mother, Lori Del Santo, who is Italian actress. They live in an apartment while in New York. Eric Clapton, also located in New York (actually Eric's house is located in Surrey, UK) and stayed at a nearby hotel at the time of the accident. Clapton and Del Santo never married. Eric has been married to Pattie Boyd, the former wife of George Harrison at birth Conor, August 1986.

Conor's death make a deep sadness for Eric Clapton. During the 9 months of Eric shrouded deep sorrow and he does not wish to appear. When he returned to the stage, his music has been turned into a softer, more powerful, and more reflective.

Tears in Heaven (written by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings) is a way of Clapton poured his grief and is a form of acceptance of Conor's death. The song was made for the film soundtrack Rush in 1991, but in fact it was made Clapton to reminisce about Cornor.

"Eric and I are involved in the making of the film Rush. We wrote a song called 'Help Me Up' to cover songs. Then Eric saw a scene in the film to be made a song and he said to me 'I want to write a song about my son.'. Eric has written the first verse of the song, which for me is a sense of all the songs, but he asked me to write the rest of the temple there ('time can bring you down, time can bend your knees ...') although I have to say that he had to write the song itself because it is very personal. this song is a sad song and very unique for my experience writing songs. "- Will Jennings

At the 1993 Grammy Awards, Tears in Heaven won three awards for best song, best recording and best male singer .. This song also helped boosted the sales of the album "Unplugged" that became the best-selling album in the history of musical Clapton.


Tears in Heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please

(instrumental)

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment