Monday 2 February 2015

Frank Sinatra and Paul Anka : Behind The Story of "My Way"




"And now ..the end is near..and so I face the final curtain ...

My friend i'll say it clear.. I'll state my case of which i'm certain ...

I've lived a life that's full.. I've traveled each and .... "

That piece of lyric "my way" which was popularized by Frank Sinatra in the early 1969. Behind the songs, that included "evergreen" or the old songs has a unique story. This song tells a person who nearly died, which we know has an english lyrical. But,  this original song was create in french language.

Claude francois and Jacquest revaux who created the original version titled "comme d'habitude". This song listened by Paul Anka when on his holiday in the south of France. Anka said that the song was first heard is very bad record, but there is something special on it. then after negotiating the issue of copyright of the song, the song was rewritten his lyric in English. According to Anka, the song is very suitable sung by Frank Sinatra, even though he is a singer. After Paul returned to New York, he quickly composed the song.

After Paul finished writing the song lyric at five in the morning, Paul immediately called Frank, who was located in Nevada. Paul shouted in his phone "I have something very special for you!". When the record company heard it, they were so excited and wanted to record it. But Paul says "hey ... I wrote the lyric of it, but I was not the one person who will sing the song, this song for Frank .. no one else...!".  Although Paul is a famous singer, but he was able to allay his ego, and insisted that the most suitable song brought by Frank Sinatra.

Frank sinatra record this song early in 1969. This song became number one hit in United States. In UK, this song became famous single hits that no rival until now.

That is spark of the story song "my way" that may often we sing while relaxing with friends nearby.


My Way

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

Yes, it was my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment